Sharing with Sunday School Kids and at the Idaho Falls Mission Festival

I am so honored to be able to share how I am actively trying to do what God has called me to do, and how, maybe it's not always easy, but God is ALWAYS walking right beside you. 

Sunday School with the Kids at Beautiful Savior 
A good friend of mine has taken on a Sunday school class at Beautiful Savior and asked if I would come and share with the kids on Sunday. You never quite know how kids are going to react, and I'm not a teacher by nature, but I love the chance to connect kids with the Mission in Lima and specifically tell them how the kids at Castillo Fuerte are learning about Jesus just like them!

This week, the kids surprised me in a heartwarming way! They were very engaged and asked a ton of great questions. Even the small kids sat still and listened intently. Maybe these are awesome kids...maybe I'm getting more comfortable speaking in front of all ages...it probably was a combination of the two, but I left the church that day feeling inspired to keep sharing!


There was a moment of "maybe I want to be a missionary when I grow up..." and that spark is something I can never take credit for. God is SO good! I am unbelievably honored to serve him and let his light shine through me. I will always pray for that little voice, that they will keep listening for God's call and follow him.


Sharing LCMS Mission World-Wide at Hope Idaho Falls Mission Festival
How much do you know about where LCMS Missionaries are serving around the world?

Did you know we have six national missionary families serving here in the USA?

Have you seen Mission Friends? It's a new online program connecting kids to the work of LCMS missionaries throughout the world!

I was blessed to have the opportunity to share with the members of Hope Lutheran Church all the places where we are sharing the love of God and how, even here in Idaho, there are plenty of opportunities to get involved! From supporting an individual missionary to help them get to and stay on the field to short-term trips for a hands-on connection to the mission field, there is something for everyone! At home or abroad, we are all missionaries engaged in sharing the love of Christ Jesus.

If you are interested seeing this LCMS International and National Mission presentation, please contact me at 208.841.0329 or nichelle.dykema@lcmsintl.org



Comments