A Rally Brings Us Together and Saying Goodbye to the District Board

Sometimes you just need to be in a room full of women with hearts bursting with Christ's love. Love for one another and love for God's mission...love in action

...let us not love with words or speech but with actions and in truth. 1 John 3:18
http://www.incourage.me/2016/04/sunday-scripture-34.html

New Friendships and Old Souls
The fall rally for the Western Zone was moved to my home church of Immanuel Lutheran Church, New Plymouth, Idaho. This was the first time in the four years I've been actively serving in LWML that my personal family and my LWML family were in the same place at the same time! 

I grew up in that church. 

Truth be told, I'm still growing up in that church...it just all looks a little smaller, me being a little taller.

Grandma played organ in the balcony throughout my childhood and Grandpa taught us how to giggle just quiet enough not to disturb the service...well, we thought we were being quiet! They have since passed on, and we have moved out of the balcony to the front row. A big step...we are Lutheran after-all. Dad is preaching and I'm a missionary. Me.

If you would have told me when I was six that this was going to be my life, I probably would have laughed loud enough to get scolded from the pulpit! I'm the girl who didn't even go to church camp because she was scared. It may have come as a surprise for me, but God knew all along. He has introduced just the right people, in just the right times, to refresh my soul and light the next lantern for the path ahead.

The Zone Rally brought together the people who have travelled this road with me the longest and those who have helped me navigate the newest twists and turns. A room full of love in a church built with love and bursting with God's love in action.

It's a good thing these strings of revelation didn't really hit me until I was locking up, alone in the sanctuary trying to find all the right light switches (someone has always been there with me...I literally had to call my mom for help turning off the lights). If I had realized it any sooner, I never would have been able to present to the group.

I spent the rest of this glorious day with my sister before preparing to head to Eden, Idaho for another Rally. This time in a new church, with new friends, another beautiful opportunity to share the love of God with sweet friendships that refresh the soul. 

Saying Goodbye to the Utah-Idaho District Board
This past weekend was my final board meeting as Utah-Idaho District Secretary. One of those steps that is necessary for me to move forward as a missionary, it would be very challenging to attend meetings and take minutes from Lima, but it is a position I am sad to leave so soon in my service. 

We met in Pocatello at the Grace Lutheran High School. This will be the site of the 2018 District Convention. Are you planning to go? If not, you really should...it's going to be great! They are working their socks off to make this convention amazing. 

I found this sign in the hallway of the High School during our tour. The memories I've shared with the members of the board and the District at large are priceless. And though I may be stepping away for a while...kinda far away...I will carry those memories and lots of pictures with me.

I am truly grateful for the time I've spent on the board and for the chance to get to know these amazing people even better. I'm looking forward to hearing about the amazing time you'll have at convention. I will be praying for your time together to be refreshing and renewing! 

Comments