Keeping in Touch on the Road

Being on the road means keeping in touch with friends and family in short bursts, usually with quick messages in the in-betweens and occasionally a call when you find a few minutes alone.

It also means keeping in touch with God (and staying up-to-date on a new group bible study) wherever you find yourself. Today, that looks like The Armor of God, by Priscilla Shirer and a venti Anniversary Blend at Starbucks for the couple of free hours I have before my next meeting.

Last week when I was invited to join this study, I had no idea how I would fit it in. It's been a very fast-paced summer, as you can imagine, but I knew this study was not a coincidence. God knew I was going to need it. He knows what we need WAY before we do! And even though I'm not able to attend the first couple of meetings with the amazing ladies who invited me to join them on this seven-week study, I'm doing my best to keep up!

A few minutes dug into the powerful gift of the armor God has given us carries me through the rest of my day. We need to just open our eyes to see. I love that she starts with the story of Elisha and his servant in 2 Kings 6. It wasn't until I was an adult that I really understood the impact of this moment in the story. We are never alone in our struggles, God has prepared for our battle before we knew it existed. He is fights for us, he fights with us and he equips us with his armor for the battle.

Ladies, thank you for inviting me to this powerful study. I need it more than you know and I'm so honored to share it with you! And thank you to the angel of a barista for my free coffee this morning. My cup overflows. Praise the Lord!

Comments