Idaho Still has Surprises up it's Sleeve...

On the way back to Idaho, I headed east instead of west. I haven't spent much time in Southeast Idaho  and I am loving the chance to see more of my home state while sharing about the love of God and his work across the world. I'll be visiting a few more times in the future, but this week I'm in Pocatello. 

Grace Lutheran Church and School, Pocatello
God is doing amazing things in Pocatello! When they told me I would be speaking to almost 250 kids (and that's just the Elementary kids) I was floored. I knew they had a growing church and school, with a newly completed High School, but I don't think I really understood the scale...in Southeast Idaho no less!
I was honored to spend most of the week in at Grace. I had never spent any time in Pocatello, only ever passing through, so it was a nice opportunity to spend time in a new city with new friends. There are many small groups meeting throughout the week in Pocatello, and I took the chance to sit in on as many of those as possible. I was introduced to a new study of Acts, a perfect discovery for me since it covers a lot of Paul's work as a missionary, and the leader was gracious enough to give me her extra copy of the book to take home. Shining the light of God! 

On Tuesday, I spent the day speaking with the kids for Chapel. Most of the morning...like I mentioned, there are a LOT of kids! It was an awesome time. They asked a ton of questions, a few of the kids were actually from Perú -- amazing! -- and I learned even more of the things kids connect with when it comes to mission work. I'm so excited to be their missionary; someone from their home state who can connect them with what seems so far away.  And on Thursday I was able to share with the High School kids at Chapel.

What an amazing way to spend the week, and I get to come back! An LWML district board meeting already scheduled to occur in Pocatello gives me another opportunity to visit and this time I'll be sharing with the congregation on Sunday, October 15th. If you're in the area, stop by and see me between services!


Comments