Missionary Passing Through: Updates from the road

Road trip day 1 is in the books. I had a great time meeting with Immanuel in Twin Falls. I am so blessed to be able to share the work of the mission team in Lima with the people in my home state. Presenting at their LWML Quarterly meeting was an honor! 

I drove on to Ogden for the evening, and was lucky enough to stay with a wonderful friend. A lovely dinner and time to catch up since the LWML convention few weeks ago. An opportunity to see my friends in their home, and their city. This trip is already amazing! 

You may be wondering how this "Missionary Passing Through -- A Road Trip came about. Well, when I started blocking out my calendar for the visits and meetings that I had for the rest of the summer, it quickly became very clear that it would be most efficient to combine a few trips into one big trip. Only I didn't realize just how "BIG" that was going to end up. Yesterday I finally counted the days for the first time. twenty-six days. veintiseis dias. 26 DAYS. Whew, this is going to be a T.R.I.P! 💕

Today, I made a quick pit stop to catch up on some things before heading to Grand Junction.  A little coffee, a cool breeze on a sunny morning in Ogden was the perfect morning. A break from 100 degree temps, yes please! God provided just the right opportunity for me to enjoy the view and get ahead things for the coming week. 

Ogden to Grand Junction isn't too far and it's a beautiful drive. And with just enough time to spare, I took a quick detour to Arches National Park. Stretching my legs and taking a quick hike to the upper viewpoint for Delicate Arch. It was too hot and I was too ill prepared to to do the full hike to the top, but seeing it even from a distance breathtaking. God is good! 

The day is quickly coming to an end. Just looked at the clock and surprised myself! Counting my blessings and looking forward to a day of fellowship tomorrow with my friends in Grand Junction, Colorado! 







Comments