Missionary Passing Through: Fargo in the Summer

Most of my days on this trip have involved some length of travel and a new city. I was lucky enough to have two back-to-back stops with two-night stays in the Dakotas. After visiting with new friends in South Dakota, a quick drive straight north from Sioux Falls (well there was a small jog of the freeway east into Iowa but mostly straight) landed me in Fargo, North Dakota for a couple days.

Fargo, North Dakota
The city of Fargo was not quite what I expected. I blame that largely on the fact that it is summer and, sadly, that most everything I knew about Fargo comes from book covers and movie posters. I was pleasantly surprised to find a lovely city that is growing rapidly. And awesome bonus, my host has a street named after her. How cool is that!

I actually had a both a host and a co-host in Fargo. These women are an inspiration in their dedication to serving the Lord and I am blessed to have their encouragement and support. They made these visits in North Dakota possible.

First I visited Grace Lutheran Church, and was able to share about the work being done in Perú and how I fit into that mission. We had a great turnout and they asked such great questions!

After meeting at Grace, I found out the Men's Bible Study at Immanuel Lutheran Church meets on Tuesday mornings and asked if I would come and sit in on their bible study. As an active member of LWML, I'm used to most of my meetings involving mostly women. The chance to speak with an entire group of men was awesome! I was surprised by some of the different questions they asked, and quickly felt like one of the group as we shared experiences and talked about the different ways we are called to serve the Lord.

My last stop, and certainly not the least, was with a wonderful group from Saint Andrews in West Fargo. It was a joy to meet so many new friends and share the news that I am being sent to share the love of God with the people in Lima.

Saying goodbye is definitely more like "see you later," and I am so grateful for the time we spent together! Next stop: Minnesota!



Comments