Spending Sunday my New Friends at Lord of Life

Our first day of orientation, the Latin America team was invited to dinner by Pastor Mark and Barb Below. They and the members of Lord of Life Lutheran Church and Preschool have been big supporters of the mission in the Dominican Republic. It was a lovely (and delicious!) time to chat with the Belows and their friends to learn about their experiences on short-term trips to help on the mission field.

I was so thankful for a warm welcome, friendly conversation and a scrumptious meal after that first long day of training!

Since we were staying over the weekend in St. Louis during training, my fellow Latin America Missionary Natalie and I thought it was a great opportunity to visit our new friends at their church for Sunday service. An amazing service, and we got a little taste of sharing as missionaries when they graciously introduced us to the congregation.

Thank you Lord of Life for your joy and passion for mission. I am so grateful and I thank God for you! I hope to see you again soon, maybe even on the field in Latin America 💕

Comments