LWML Utah-Idaho District Retreat

Coming in Hot! Flying home from orientation, I landed in Boise in the wee hours of Saturday morning, got some sleep, then grabbed my freshly repacked overnight bag to head up to the Sawtooth Mountains.

Camp Perkins could not be located in a more beautiful setting, but it's the beauty of the ladies who were there for the annual LWML Utah-Idaho District retreat that had me hustling to get there. I wouldn't have missed it for the world.

These are my ladies. They are a big reason why I'm on this journey and I wanted them to be the first to hear about everything I had learned at orientation.

I made it...a little later than I had hoped, but just in time for lunch! The perfect chance to catch my breath and catch up with the ladies I had only briefly seen as we ran past each other at the LWML National Convention just weeks before in Albuquerque, New Mexico.

You see, these ladies were one of four districts who HOSTED that convention. They worked tirelessly for months and that event came off without a hitch! As a member of national LWML graphics team and the designer for The Diamond Times daily convention newspaper, I was in the communications room for most of the convention, so I was happy for the chance to hear how they all felt having closed the door on such a busy time.


After the post-lunch break, my friends got to be the first to hear my full presentation about my role as LCMS Missionary to Lima. I am so thankful for their love, encouragement and support! Even though I'm having to vacate my position as district secretary, my dear friend and president Linda gave me a precious gift and a huge vote of confidence knowing I have their support.

After my presentation, I was able to relax and just enjoy spending time in the Word with these ladies as Linda Gage led us in bible study. That evening after campfire, Linda led a sending prayer for me during her evening devotion. I cannot express how grateful I am for the prayers and support.

Ladies, you are in my heart. 💜 I feel as though I carry each of you with me on this journey and I am looking forward to seeing you all at the fall LWML Zone Rallies and hopefully on short-term teams visiting in Lima!






Comments